Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tsunami!!!

Another Tsunami warning was issued for the CNMI at 6:39 pm tonight. I was at choir practice at church when we recieved word. The police stopped by our church at 5:30 pm and told us to leave . . . but we were in the middle of choir practice and told him we were going to leave at about 6pm because we new it was coming at 6:30pm! He looked at us like we were crazy! I did not feel like evacuating because I just knew it was going to be a 3" wave . . . So I wanted to go bowling! I'm alive! Saipan survived!

4 comments:

Angelo Villagomez said...

Loser! I can't believe you went bowling; I went to the beach!

Anonymous said...

Bev,
Between you and Alan, I'm going to have a heart attack with these tsunami warnings. He called last week to say that there was one in Hilo too, but that it wasn't a big deal. He planned to stay in town (which is where it would hit.)
Agh! Next time, take heed and move to higher ground, please! Choir practice or not!
Love ya,
Angie

Bev said...

Ok Angie . . . for you, I will retreat to the top of the tallest coconut tree=)

Anonymous said...

And when you do that can you....

1. have someone record it so I could watch you climbing the tree

2. send me some cocunuts.

Thanks....Manang J