Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On Procrastination


A couple of hundred years ago Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. He said, “Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today.” This is the man who discovered electricity for goodness sake . . . you think more of us would listen to what he had to say. I have to admit that procrastination is a weakness of mine. I don’t know why I put things off. It could be fear of failing, fear of rejection, fear of making the wrong decision, or it could just be sheer laziness. I’ve heard all the Chinese proverbs and sayings . . . He who hesitates is lost. Wasted times. Carpe Diem. You’d think I’d take these sayings to heart. But still sometimes things are left unsaid and undone. I just have to keep remembering that tomorrow may never come and the window of opportunity to take care of things may be lost . . .

No comments: