Friday, February 09, 2007

On Top of The World

I've been on island for about five months now and this was my very first visit to Mt. Tapachou. Sad, eh? I've had some chances to visit Mt. Tapachou but I kept putting it off saving it for the perfect day. I guess it just gave me something to look forward to. Let me tell you that the wait was worth it! I felt like I was on top of the world. The coolness of the breeze ontop reminded me of Laguna Beach back home in Southern Cali and for a second it took me back to a place I hold so dear. The sun was out and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. It is an amazing sight and I just thank God for bringing me here.



View of South end



View of Garapan City and the Philippine Sea



View of North end



A home that sits ontop of Mt. Tapachao. You can see the Sunrise and Sunset on opposite sides of this home=)




View of Madagaha Island



Crystal hugging Rascal



Grant and Mai-Rhea



Ken and Crystal brought their telescope for us to search for some of the neighboring islands. It was a a clear day and we were able to see the island Anatahan just 50 miles away.

No comments: