Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Exploring Naftan Point



So I heard from one of my myspace friends (Hi Ed!) that you can sometimes see dolphins at Naftan Point! Grant, Mai, and I went down to check it out this past Sabbath afternoon. None of us has ever been to Naftan Point so we didn’t know what the ride was going to be like. Grant drove Old “Rusty” and we sat in the back of the truck. Let me tell you that it was a rough ride. Ouch! I’ll have to remind myself to bring something soft to sit on next time. Mai and I were dodging branches left and right.

At the end of the route we parked and hiked through some thick brush. The trail eventually led us to a clearing and towards the cliffs. It was yet another beautiful day to be out hiking and enjoying God’s creation. Though we did not see any dolphins we did discover some really cool artifacts from WWII. We spent the afternoon enjoying the view and exploring the fort.

There is a spot where some local fishermen were. After they left we sat on their “cushion” and had prayer during sunset. It was the perfect way to close the Sabbath=)

I'm finishing up a book called Rainbow Over Hell by Tsuneyuki Mohri. Its a story about a Japanese assassin who converted into a Seventh-day Adventist. He lived here in Saipan during WWII. In the book it talks about different locations on the island. It was cool to read about the locations in the book and actually know where these places are.







No comments: