Monday, February 19, 2007

The Class Reunion-A Murder Mystery

On Sunday night the Real Theater Christian Drama group put on an interactive dinner performance at the Hafa Adai Hotel. They are fundraising for a drama performance trip to the Philippines this May. Melissa was my guest. When we first walked in we were greeted with some characters at the door that acted like they knew us back from highschool. It was amusing to play along and say that we knew each other!



At the entrance they had us make name tags with our names and current occupations. Melissa put down her name but as her occupation she put paparrazi. I used Lulu as my name and I put Walmart cashier as my occupation on my name tag. I was kicking myself last night because I should of dressed up in 80's gear! I love the 80's! The music, the clothes . . . but not the bad hair.





The kids were amazing and stayed in character through the whole skit. The Class Reunion was a murder mystery skit by Joh Mann. The graduating class of 1986 returned to Looneyville High for their 20 year class reunion. This was their first time to return as a class and everyone was looking forward to seeing old classmates with anticipation. As they renew old friendships bodies begin to drop. We had to figure out who the killer was. Melissa, being the great attorney she is, was psycho analyzing the characters. She was really was getting into it.





I narrowed it down to two characters and neither one turned out to be the killer. I guess I can't read people too well or maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. It made me think about my days in high school which was way over 10 years ago. I think I was really fortunate that I never got picked on or had any real traumatizing experiences. I never did go to my ten year reunion. I just don't see the point. Besides I already keep in touch with my close friends I have made in highschool.





Anywho, I had a great time and look forward to their next performance which will be sometime in Easter I think. Our choir and the drama team is putting on an skit about Jesus. I'll keep you posted=)






1 comment:

Sean said...

Thanks for comin' out Bev!

I'm glad you had a good time! Hope you don't mind if I steal some of your pics. Do you have more?