This is my lazy version of blogging bullets style! Sorry for the lack of posts but I've been busy!
• I’ve moved! This past weekend Rosana helped me move my stuff to my new apartment. I won’t say exactly where it is because that wouldn’t be safe. I’ll just say that it is close enough for me to go running in the morning on Beach Road and its close to work =) I’m excited that I’ve got a washer/dryer in my apartment so that means no more laundry drop off for me. The bonus is that I have an oven! I moved the majority of my stuff over but I am still living out of two apartments. I should be settled at the end of this month. I’ll post pictures of my cute, cozy place later.
• We tried to dive Wing Beach this past Sunday but the waves were massive. I think the window of opportunity has closed. Boo who! So instead we dove Objyan East with the Piersons and the James on Sunday morning. Visibility was poor and water kept leaking into my new mask. I was clearing my mask all morning and messing with my hair making sure nothing was caught in my mask. My eyes were stinging from the salt water. I just wasn’t feeling it on Sunday. I didn’t even see a turtle but Crystal did.
• On Sabbath four small groups of church members headed out to Kagman for our weekly outreach. The SDA Church is getting ready for our evangelistic series in October. Two ladies, sister Betty and sister Hatsuko, attended the Bible Worker Seminar in Guam this past June and are here to help with the groundwork. We walked the streets Sabbath afternoon of Kagman visiting with the locals to offer prayers and bible study. For the most part the residents were receptive to what we had to say and said that they would come. Now I know what it feels like to be a Mormon or Jehovanah’s witness that goes door to door. Probably the worst things about going door to door are the stray dogs that chase you. Praying for our outreach ministry here in Saipan.
• News on soccer. So our team “Guns and Roses” or “Taya Talent” – nothing talent is undefeated! We haven’t lost yet NOR have we even really won! Ha! We tied both games so far! I played middle right back for the first time today and actually liked running up and down the field instead of just defending. I think I’ll take soccer a little more seriously and who knows . . . if I’m good I’ll try and join the women’s soccer league.
Photo Credit: Bree Reynolds
• Still waiting for my new camera (sigh)
• My best friend ,Michelle , is engaged and is in the process of picking out our bridesmaid dresses. I’ll post a couple of pictures of some dress choices for us to wear and you could help me chose which one would look best. The Wedding is in May 08. Congrats Miche! xoxo
• EJ and I are planning a trip to Australia and New Zealand in January!
Phew, I think I caught up.