Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Crosswalk



The coolest thing about traveling and living abroad are the people who cross your path. Some friends remain close. Some drift away but they leave an imprint that changes you.

I had a chance to hang out with Steve and Miwa Nguyen the night before their farewell party. Steve was a formal dental patient of mine that actually found out where I worked through my blog. Throughout the year I got to know Steve and Miwa through blogger meetups and other Beautify CNMI activities.

We ate dinner a Japanese restaurant in Garapan and had ice cream at the Big Dipper afterwards. We laughed alot and talked about "Oishii"! They are such a sweet couple and I think its a real loss for Saipan that they are leaving. It's understandable though that they simply just want to be around family since they have been away for quite some time.

If anyone has left a legacy on Saipan it is Steve. Steve is 100 % all heart. He saw a great need in Saipan and decided to do something about it in order to improve the quality of life for those that needed support. He created CAMI-CNMI. I just really admire his leadership and his heart of gold.

Steve and Miwa I wish you safe travels. Cheers to new beginnings and adventures in Texas!

6 comments:

Harry Blalock said...

Bev, that is the hardest part of living out here are all the goodbyes. After 11 years, sadly I can't even remember all the people I've had to say goodbye to, but they number in the hundreds now. It's gotten to the point that I absolutely even hate the sight of the airport.

Anonymous said...

Bev my friend. It has been less than one day since we left and reading your kind words make my heart ache. We are currently in Tokyo and since my Japanese is terrible, all I do is bow and smile. We miss you and the other bloggers. Thanks for adopting our plant. We will check in on you from time to time to make sure you don't kill it. :)

Sean said...

I wish I could have gotten to know them. . .They sound great!

KPG said...

hey you've been tagged by IT= me

Deece said...

You're it - again! Check out my July 13 post.

Steve and Miwa: wow, for some reason I thought you weren't leaving until tomorrow. I missed the timing on my planned "goodbye" post. All the best, God bless!

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Sorry to see them go.

meanwhile:
Please go to http://saipanuvian.blogspot.com for important posting and voting information about the sexiest blogger contest now in progress. You are urged to cast your vote or even change your vote based on this data as soon as possible. You may vote at the site noted above.