Monday, April 02, 2007

Typhoon King Rey

This will be my first typhoon experience ever! Typhoon King Rey (aka King Kong) is suppose to hit Saipan tomorrow and is reported to be a category one. We can expect winds up to 85 mph. Thankfully I did my grocery shopping yesterday because when i ran into Joeten's Market this afternoon to get a flashlight the store was packed. Everyone is trying to board up their windows and buy supplies right now. I have the basics: water, food, flashlight, safety kit, Bible, and a full tank of gas in my car.

Hopefully there won't be too much damage or injuries after the typhoon. I'm wondering how bad it'll be tomorrow because I still got the sniffles and I'd like to stay home! Ha Ha More later.

2 comments:

Angelo Villagomez said...

Be safe!

Anonymous said...

The island and the people here have gone through so many typhoons so they're much calmer than us. But it never hurts to be careful and practice basic emergency procedures and have emergency supplies. Sounds like you're "ready" to brace Kong-Rey. Bring it on! Ok, just kidding.