Monday, October 09, 2006

Unfailing Love

Can-Triathlon Journey



View on Grouper.comAdd to Blogger Blog

Last week during mid week prayer session I was able to share my personal testimony about how I found God and how He has changed my heart and blessed my life. I talked about how I continually tried to control my destiny and how I kept failing. But the moment that I cried out to God and let Him lead me . . . slowly but surely did He start answering my prayers and restoring my life. Listening to His voice from within me has helped me discover what His will is for me. My favorite bible verse is "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" -Matt 11:11:28 Through all my moments of hardships God was there to carry me through it all. I used this video during my testimony to illustrate just a small glimpse of how God loves us and how he will carry us through anything that we go through. This video is about a father, Dick and his love for his son, Rick. They are known as Team Hoyt and have inspired thousands. Because of tragedy at birth Rick can't talk or walk. Dick and his wife wanted a normal life for their son. They put him in public school. Rick learned how to write his thoughts using a special computer. When he was 15 he communicated to his dad that he wanted to participate in a five mile benefit run. Dick was not a runner but he agreed to push Rick in his wheelchair. For the first time Rick didn't feel handicapped. So together they run. Together they compete in marathons. Together they compete in triathlons. Together they treeked 3,770 miles across america. I just wanted to share this video clip with you. I hope that you find it inspiring as much as I have.


Add a video comment to this video

No comments: