Monday, October 02, 2006

Judas Betrays Jesus



Journey to the Cross-Station 4

14. Then one of the Twelve-the one called Judas Iscariot-went to the cheif priests 15. and asked, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" So they counted out for him thirty silver coins." -Matthew 26:14-15

Judas was one of Jesus' closest friends, one of the 12 disciples who had been with him for three years. He agreed to betray Jeus for thirty silver coins. How could Judas betray his friend for money? Displayed on the floor at station 4 were 30 coins. As I picked up those gold coins in my hands, I really felt overwhelmed with sadness. How many times in my life have I traded Jesus over material things. I believe that all these things that we possess money, a great career, fancy cars, expensive jewelry doesn't really matter. Because in the end, you won't be able to take any of that with you.

No comments: