Friday, October 12, 2007

Dirt princess

Drumroll please . . . My Gary Fisher Tassajara Mtn. bike has finally arrived! I'm sure my coworkers have been tired of me dancing around waiting for it. Its in pieces though and was shipped to me in two boxes. The hard part is waiting to have it built. I can't wait to get it dirty on the trails. Queen of the trails I am not but princess can?! Hmmm, maybe. I saw Kimiko the other day and asked if I could go riding with her so we'll see how that goes. I'm excited about adventure riding!

The Rota Blue Tri is coming up and I haven't biked at all! I've just been swimming and running mostly. I think I could bike it but I heard Rota's got some killer hills. You know I'm just doing this race to say that I completed a tri! Nevermind that I will probably come in last place. We'll see. I just need to invest in a really good helmet because after hearing tales about flying over handle bars . . . I'm a bit nervous.

6 comments:

Lewie Tenorio said...

Sweet! Is it Christmas already?
New bikes make me feel like a kid all over again.

NMITF Enticer series kicks off 7am Saturday 10/13. Short tris, good for starters. Reg. 6:30am

Unknown said...

Hehehe! I am going to tinker with it while the sender is still off-island! Hahaha! It's time to break out my Zinn's Art of Bicyle Mainten...oh wait...My book is for road bikes! Dammit!

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Cool lookin' bike, Bev. Why didn't you assemble it yourself?

Meanwhile please plan to attend The Halloween party at PORKY'S. Oct 31st. First beer or drink is free, free chasers, 3 bands, come as you are or in costume if you want to enter the contest. Lots of prizes.

Plenty Fun.

See Bruce for tickets. All tickets sold to or by Marianas Dive members rebate 10% back to the group's treasury.

CNMI Blogger said...

Go, Bev, Go!

Brad Ruszala said...

nice, bev. let's ride in marpi!

Unknown said...

Nice bike!! You finally got it!
Call me, you have my number, right? I don't have yours...