Monday, August 13, 2007

Life In My New Apt

So everybody back home is wondering if I live in a hut or something. I'm finally settled into my new apartment and I love it! I'm ready for some dinner guests! Rosana taught me how to cook authentic Indian food. Her Dal and Curry dish is way tastier than the restaurant Taste of India. Its true! But I'll let you be the judge of that. I also know how to make nan bread. So i'll be inviting people over soon.

My apartment is just a jog to the path on Beach Road and a walk to work. It's a quick drive to downtown Garapan. Some of the things I love about my new apartment are the washer/dryer unit, oven, and double full closets! Plenty storage space, neh! I'm feeling right at home and sleeping soundly. Here are a couple of snap shots.

The front of the apt.

The view walking into my apartment. I finally feel at home whenever I walk through my front door.

The Kitchen. My favorite part of my apartment. Since I live so close to work I don't go out to eat as much anymore. I've been cooking my own meals now and I try to eat out only on the weekends. This is a big accomplishment for me considering I didn't like cooking before!




My Living room. I crash on my coach during my lunch break. I went without a TV and internet connection the first year I was here in Saipan. Since I'm sticking it out another year I decided to splurge alittle. Besides, watching all the Filipino channels will help me learn Tagalog alot faster. I just realized how much crap I have. I'm going to have sell all this before I leave next year.



My bedroom where I catch my zzzzzzzzz.












My four guard dogs! Actually, they are the Pierson's dogs.

Hmmm, not really roughing it out here like I thought I would be!

14 comments:

Mai said...

Thanks for "inviting" us over tonight! I hope you didn't mind us popping in like that. I really enjoyed just relaxing, visiting, and NOT thinking about school for the whole evening. Thanks!

Harry Blalock said...

Nice apartment, looks very cozy indeed. If I thought there was ever any chance that we might be invited over to dinner I might even start behaving myself a little better in my blog and not picking on you as much.

Well hypothetically it's possible.

Unknown said...

Ngayon, alam ko nang diyan ka na nakatira! Hahaha! Pweda na kitang i-stalk! Hahaha! Joke lang naman!

How's that for a Tagalog lesson? Well, Tag-lish anyway...

Brit's Blog said...

Wish I could get the invite over...*sigh*...
I should really move back :) Miss you girl- and LOVE the place.

Bev said...

Moreno: sige hintayin kita dito =P hahah marunong din akong mag tagalog no! hehe

Bev said...

Mai: you know you can come over anytime.

Harry: i'll invite you and kelli!

KelliOnSaipan said...

Bev, very nice apartment! And the guards dogs are cute, too. I'm glad you have a place you feel at home.

Bree Reynolds said...

heya. when we gonna start running again? call me!!!

Sean said...

Nice crib, Bev! Hope we'll get to see it soon.

Anonymous said...

I assume that invite includes their "pet marine biologist"?

Marianas Eye said...

Hey, you play the guitar (or at least display one!) Bring it to the next bloggers meet-up and jam for us. I'll play some blues if you give me fair warning.

Bev said...

Kelli: Thanks

Bree: Let's start running next week. Still getting over a wicked cold.

Greg: Hmmm, you know that Kelli and Harry are actually coming over to teach me ballroom dancing. So if you come over you'll have to dance too!

Dr. K: Taking guitar lessons from a friend! Trying to learn a song to sing and play for my friend, Miche's wedding. Still a newbie though.

Bev said...

Brit: miss you too =( Dive Palau with me in Dec!

Sean: We can have bible study with the group at my place sometime

Anonymous said...

Bev: Wow, that's nice. And your guitar too. I'm glad you got settled in your new place. :)