Tuesday, May 29, 2007

7 Useless Random Facts About Me

I haven't blogged in a couple of days. Deece, Bree, Sean, and Cinta tagged me to list seven random facts about me. So here goes:

1. The Best Meal Of My Life: Enjoyed with a team of student dental and dental hygienists on a mission trip to Loreto, Mexico. It was during my first year of hygiene school. Our team had just performed over two hundred extractions and other dental procedures in eight hours. We were tired and hungry. On our way back to the hotel we discovered a beaten up seafood shack, poised on the beach jutting over the Cortez Sea. We were very sunburned and sweaty, gathered around a big table crowded with the best fish tacos I have ever tasted. It was pure bliss with the waves crashing on the shore, and the colors of the sunset whipping across the water.

2. Though I love music, complete silence is always better.

3. I've always been a cat-lover but lately I have been around alot of dogs. They're so smart and affectionate. I'm thinking
about getting a Lab when I come back to the states next year. Then I will always have a buddy to run with.

4. Pet Peeve: gossip

5. I'm competitive and a sore loser especially when it comes to video games.

6. I'm a certified wedding planner. I coordinated four of my friends' weddings.

7. Coffee addict

So there you have it, seven useless random facts about me. I think everyone has done it except for Ej! I tag you EJ.

On another note, here are some pictures of my friends and I river rafting a class 4 in Colorado. Since Colorado had a lot of snow during the winter the water was high and the rapids were really rough. We set out for a full day of rafting. I rented a wetsuit and brought my own aqua shoes. My goal for the day was not to fall out.

It was cloudy and chilly. Our raft guide mentioned that it had snowed the day before. The water was 40 degrees and I have to admit that I was not happy the first part of the day. I'm so use to Saipan's 80 degree water that this water was shockingly cold! Seriously. My hands and legs were numb the whole day. It didn't start to warm up until after lunch.



There were long stretches inbetween the roaring rapids when the water was calm. We could just relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Rocky Mountains and green pastures. We saw big horned sheep, turkey vultures, and rainbow trout. Of course I took my water proof camara that I just bought in March with me to snap pictures of everything. I hooked the camara onto my life jacket to make sure it wouldn't fall out.



Anyway, to make a long story short. The guide was taking a picture of us during a "calm" moment and accidentally dropped my camara into the water. I was about to jump out and grab it but they grabbed my vest. Grrrrrrrr. So my camara sits in the bottom of the river. *#@!! Oh well, I guess i'll have to buy a new toy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks super fun. I went rafting in Bali, and that was the highlight of a very good trip.

If you see some coffee called Creme Brulee, give it a shot. I think it is a newish roast in the states. That is a new love. If you bring some back, I'll pay you back and be super thankful.

Anonymous said...

Bev, had we known that you were a wedding planner we could have asked you to coordinate our wedding in Dallas! Hehehe.

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

Wow! River rafting in CO! Cool! We're glad you were able to visit your friends. So sorry to hear about your camera :-(
Ken and Crystal

Bev said...

Jeff: I will try my best to locate the new Creme Brule coffee=)

Steve: That would have been really cool to coordinate your wedding! I'm super anal about details.

Ken and Crystal: I'm coming home!!!!=)

Saipan Writer said...

White-water rafting-wow.

Eons ago I went white water rafting on two different occasions, but in West Virginia, not Colorado. I'm not sure now, but I think the rivers were the Cheat, and maybe the Snake? Or was that a song?!

Sounds like your trip is fun and different than what's going on here--and that's what vacation is all about.

Bev said...

Saipan Writer: Thanks for visiting my site =)

meL said...

Hee:) A lab huh? Are you NUTS? Maybe!! You can always borrow one of mine!

Love you

Sean said...

go ahead, get the dog. You won't regret it.

KPG said...

if there wasnt a sports called volleyball, white water rafting will be my fav sports. no doubt.