Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Catch 30

I had a blast celebrating my 30th birthday this past weekend! My weekend couldn't have started off any better than teeing off a charity golf tournament with my friend, Jessica. I've missed playing golf. I'm bringing my golf clubs back with me to Saipan since I will be staying another year. Plus my short game needs some serious work.
30 Flirty and Fabulous as my friends would say! I am at a very happy place in my life right now. In fact, I feel like I am on cloud nine. I feel blessed because I have so many wonderful people in my life here at home and in Saipan. So many people have made my day special with phone calls, emails, and cards.

My cousin, Janice, brought me my favorite cup cakes from a bakery called Sprinkles. in Newport Beach. My sweet friend, Angie, made me breakfast in bed. My best friend since the second grade, Rae, came out to La Jolla to have dinner with us even though alot of things are going on with her dad right now. And my cousin, Joy, made me laugh so hard that I cried! It was just perfect night.
I have to admit that I am not much of a partyer. Any normal person would have probably celebrated their birthday at a club or a bar. I'm pretty low key and more of a homebody. All I really wanted to do was get dressed and have dinner at a really nice restaurant with some of my closest friends. We had dinner at a Hawaiian Fusion restaurant called Roy's in La Jolla. Ever heard of it? I loved it and thought the food was amazing.

Remember how I said I'd do things differently in my 20's? Well I change my mind. If I didn't make those mistakes than I probably wouldn't be where I am at today and I wouldn't be who I am. What I learned from my 20's is to lighten up and not take life so seriously. Also I have learned to keep loving extravagantly like God calls us to. Thanks everyone for your bday wishes=)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does everyone have their eyes closed in this picture? Nice pic...

Angelo Villagomez said...

I worked at Roy's Orlando for a while. There is one at the Guam Hilton. I like Roy's.

Happy B-day young lady!

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

HAPPY 30th BEV!!! We're glad you had a perfect day! You deserve it! You and your friends look like you're having a fun time. Love the dress and the Saipan tan! ;-) We miss you here.
~Ken and Crystal

KPG said...

are you going to be staying for one more year? YEY> i am happy for you. Happy birthday.

CNMI Blogger said...

Woo Hoo! Happy 30th, Bev!

Miss ya!

Love,
cinta

Bon said...

you look like you're having a blast. Happy birthday bubbles

Mai said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I wanted to email you but I couldn't find your email address. Despite that, you were in my thoughts and prayers all day long! I'm glad you had a great day! Can't wait 'til you get back!

Sean said...

Look at you! All thirty and stuff! Happy Birthday!

Looks like you had a great three-oh.

I love La Jolla by the way. Barbara and I stayed at La Valencia for our fifth wedding anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Cute dress.

Sean said...

Hey Bev,

I'm "tagging" you. Since you are the Blog Mistress I'm sure you've been tagged before but just in case you don't know what I'm talking about, check out my blog to find out!

Deece said...

Happy Birthday!

KPG said...

baby baby, check out my site and give advise on my sunglasses to wear tomorrow or the day to come.

Bev said...

thanks everyone for the birthday wishes =)

CNMI Blogger said...

Hey, Bev:
I just tagged you. Check out my blog.

Volunteer Guy said...

Can you make your blog pinker?

Bev said...

whatever p.i.c.! You know you love it.