Monday, April 07, 2008

Tuesday Round up

Yes yes, I have been slacking off a bit.

Firstly, I dislike CUC. I'm REALLY irritated with the rolling black outs. It would be nice to have a nice dinner at a nice restaurant and not worry about the power going out. Or it would be nice to play our championship volleyball game without the lights going out in the middle of our last set. Thats right, the lights shut off at Ada Gym during what was suppose to be our last game of the season. We had to reschedule or last game a couple of days later. When the power goes out some schools actually shut down and send their students home. Such a shame that CUC can't get it together.



Well at least our team, the Yoyo's, defeated the Pikan Gaga girls in the next round. Thats right, we sweat like men! We are the champions!! Woo hoo.







Secondly, I have a new crush! j/k Jake Shimabukuro. My favorite song of the night was Let's Dance. He's the most amazing Uke player ever!





He's brilliant! His performance at the Beautify CNMI was absolutely magical. The VIP seating was totally worth it! He's just really passionate about music and I love that he encouraged the youth to follow their dreams. What an inspiration. Also, Gus and Jun, performed some medley's on their Uke's which I adored.


Thirdly, I planned beach vespers at Ladder Beach and beach volleyball night at PIC for the SDA Youth group with the help of Amy, Mai, Judith, Jessica, Rikki, and John.

One of the goals this year was to try and combine the youth at our central church with the newly built Kagman SDA church. The girls from Kagman are sooo shy but I think they are starting to break out of their shell. We were just happy that they were able to make it to our vespers.


Joy played melodies on the guitar while we sang a couple of our favorite praise songs. One of my favorite songs is Grace like Rain. Its kind of the youth version of Amazing grace but a bit more upbeat.


We had yummy veggie haystacks for dinner and just enjoyed each other's company. The sun was starting to set. I paused and enjoyed the view. Before we knew it was dark and the stars covered the entire sky. Some of the kids saw a shooting star and I heard them laugh and wish. . . Wow, it was a beautiful night.


John talked to the kids about making plans and where God fits in. We went around in a circle and talked about our plans. The kagman kids had great dreams. Some wanted to be a teacher, a policeman, or in the military. Some of our kids wanted to be doctors . . . Me? I guess I have goals but I'm not one to make plans. I dont' even know where I will be at the end of this year. I said I wanted to travel for a bit. See more places that I didn't know much about. Thats about it.


After we closed with prayer we toasted marshmellows and made s'mores! The perfect ending to a perfect night.











Fourth . . . Greg crossed the finish line after his grueling 8 day Cape Epic Race in South Africa.

It's probably the hardest mtn bike race in the planet and the mother of all stage races. He averaged on the saddle about 9 and a half hours and sometimes ten hours on his bike every day! So proud of him and his partner Rou! Mtn biking rocks. I gotta find a crazy partner to do this race with me before I turn 35. I've got five years. =) *nudge nudge* Crystal!

7 comments:

Lewie Tenorio said...

Yeah, Jake is cool. He's a down to earth dude.

Man, how I'd love to do the Cape Epic Race. One day...

Unknown said...

Way to go, Bev! Awesome that you won your V-Ball game. Man, after vespers I knew I gotta get back in the game. Thanks for including me. It was fun!

Way to go, Gregorio & Rou! I hope to hear more about the race from you firsthand but Bev said that it was a killer! I gotta get back on the saddle too! Miss you, brother!

Sean said...

That's awesome, the beach vespers that you planned. You will leave many legacies behind when you fly away, but your work with the kids will be one of the greatest!

Deece said...

What a great post. :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the U.S. You have great photos! You should scrapbook them!

Come by my papercrafting blog if you get a chance - http://leasanders.wordpress.com

Bev said...

Lewie: I hope you do make it to Cape Epic someday! Thanks for the Tri links in Cali!

John: Thanks for making out to beach vespers!

Sean:You and John inspired me to work with the youth. Thanks for always being encouraging.

Deece: thanks!

Secret Gardener said...

Maybe if I get a bike and we are friends and I get into shape, then I'll do the race with you by the time I'm 25, that is, if Crystal won't. :)

Bev, what will we do without you? I had a bad dream that you had left and I woke up crying. You will be missed, but I'll visit you in Cali.

Love, love, peace, peace.