Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shaking Things Up


Lately I haven't been scuba diving or mtn biking on the weekends. To shake things up a bit I've just been reading and enjoying the sun. Amy and I usually hang out at Pau Pau Beach or the spa on the weekends.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to read more and I'm really happy that I've kept up with it. We started a small book club that meets every 2-3 weeks. At our book review sessions everyone brings something tasty to eat. I always look forward to Vero's Cuban desserts!

This past Saturday night we all huddled in a circle on the floor and reviewed the book Love in the Time of Cholera. The power was out so we had to light candles in the room. Losing power still didn't keep us from having great conversations and a chance to bond over one of our favorite passions - literature.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture...I like this angle you took...Very creative...hehehe

Shem

SteeleOnSaipan said...

Hey Bev, I was up at PauPau just yesterday afternoon, I sometimes do my reading there. I'm a Newsweek guy though, not so much into novels.

I'm having a hard time rounding up good v-ball photos from the Marianas Cup. The ones that I heisted from this site are still the best and almost all that I have. You wouldn't have a lot more would you? If so, pls. write back at rsteele722@yahoo.com or just attach and send them there.

Thanks! Have a good week.

Vero in Saipan said...

aww i'm glad u like my food! Love making it and i hope to make more for u before u go! love u!!!