Thursday, March 22, 2007

Look After You

Truly the worst thing to experience is seeing a loved one struggle with a disease or a condition that has overtaken their life. You see and feel their fighting spirit behind their eyes but than as time passes it slowly starts to fade into helplessness and discouragement. I often think about what it would be like if I were in their place. To feel what it would be like to have Lupus or to be affected by a stroke and be bedridden. Would I handle it just as good or better? Its so hard to imagine.

It saddens me and makes me feel so helpless when you can't take the pain away. All I can do is offer my support and comfort. But even supporting them through it all feels like it isn't enough when you see what they go through. I just keep holding on to the promise that if you give all your burdens to Christ, He will carry you through it all. This promise is what gives me hope and gets me through the day.

No comments: